The Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA) will come into effect 01 July 2021. This Act aims to protect an individual’s personal information in a world where access to information has become more and more prevalent and it includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information.
BattleRush is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information that you provide to us. Even though the new POPI Act comes into effect in July, BattleRush has always protected our client’s data with the utmost care and security.
- Collecting or obtaining personal information
- Utilizing personal information
- Storing personal information
- Disclosing personal information
- Retaining or destroying personal information
The protection of personal Information “POPI” act emanates from the section 14 of the constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, which section provides that everyone has the right to privacy, and it include the right to protection against the unlawful collection retention, dissemination and. Use of persona information.
The POPI act has been promulgated to regulate, in harmony with the international standards, the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.
BattleRush is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any personal information that you provide to us.
The purpose of this policy is to inform out clients about the type of personal information BattleRush collects and the ways in which it is collected, used, shared, protected and stored. By accessing BattleRush’s website and subsequently providing information, or when you provide us with your personal information directly, you indicate your acceptance of this policy.
BattleRush reserves the right to change this policy from time to time.
1. What is personal information
The POPI Act defines personal information as “Information relating to an identifiable living, existing natural person ns where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person”. Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to, first and sir names, physical addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, demographic information and financial information.
2. Scope of our Private Policy
- To disclose how and when we obtain personal information for a specific business purpose.
- Alert customers that their personal information with BattleRush is relevant, their own and up to date.
- To have reasonable security measures in place to protect the information.
- To only keep the necessary information and delete information no longer required.
3. How we obtain personal information.
We obtain and process your persona information based on the information received directly by our customers via our website, emails, phone calls, hand submitted in person by writing and/or verbally, WhatsApp messages and by 3rd party natural persons with the consent of the natural owner of specified personal information.
The POPI Act provides that the personal information must be collected:
- Directly by you through any of our multiple channels of communication mediums.
- From another source, where the collection of the information will not prejudice your legitimate interests.
- From another source where the collection of the information is necessary:
- To comply with an obligation imposed by law or
- To maintain our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
What is a cookie? – A cookies is a small electronic file that is created on your computer’s hard drive when you browse the internet. Once the file is added, the cookie in question helps analyze the web traffic or tracks when you visit a particular site.
>> We use traffic cookies to identify which pages are being accessed. This helps us analyze your data about the web page traffic an improve our website in order to tailor it to our clients’ needs. The information is only used for statistical purposes.
Overall, cookies help Azteca provide you with a better website and browsing experience by enabling us to look at which pages you find useful and which you do not. Like which product of ours is more popular compared to the other. A cookie does not give use access to your computer or an information about you, other that the data you input into our website to identify yourself as a customer and avail yourself for contact with regards to a purchase you can make.
5. How we use your information
We need to collect and use personal and other information in order to enable us to:
- Respond to your query
- Provide services as advertised and announced
- Provide access to our website
- Compile with legal requirements or industry codes
- Communicate with you and inform you of new service and product offerings and events.
- Ensure that our business offerings meet our requirements.
6. Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to 3rd parties on the following basis:
- Where we have your consent; or
- Where we are required to by law; or
- To our panel of attorneys who are involved in legal collection matters effectively caused by account payment arrangement is in arrears or payment term arrear dishonored.
- To service providers who are involved are involved in the delivery of services to you, where required by them to perform a service.
- Where required to protect your legitimate interests.
- When necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of the 3rd party to whom the information is supplied.
We, as Battlerush, have required the following third parties
- Jozi X adventure centre
- CrossFit AROO
- Spartan Race South Africa
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google, Pinterest, WhatsApp)
We advise our clients, where reasonable possible, to ensure that similar 3rd party declarations are sign where service providers are appointed, who are not part of the group service providers referred above.
7. Information security
BattleRush will apply the necessary due care and diligence to secure the content of the BattleRush website and the information provided by and collected form users, and to preserve the privacy of your information. BattleRush undertakes to review security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Please also bear in mind that no data transmitted over the internet, or information stored on a server which is accessible through the internet, can be guaranteed or fully secure.
We will not sell or lease your information to any third parties unless we have your permission to do so. We will not distribute your personal information to any third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are required to do so in order to:
- Perform our contractual obligations.
- Protect your legitimate interests, or
- Comply with one or more laws.